7:25 pm
We started the day again at 5:30 and farming started at 6. Today it was again cloudy in the morning so the weeding wasn't that bad. We also decided to sit on our weed buckets this morning while we weeded and found another bucket to put our weeds in. But today, we got a new task. We started picking the green onions, cleaning them all in a tub, and pulling off their roots and dirty pieces of skin so that they are prepared for the market. This was nice task because we got to sit on our root buckets and hide from the sun because the tub was in the shade. It was also very satisfying to pull off the dirty skin, so it was a nice morning. In the afternoon, we visited a local beach and swam and I read. I have been reading A Little Life, which is a really good book, but every page seems to wrench my heart out even more because it is incredibly sad. I can't put it down. More weeding and onion cleaning awaits tomorrow.

Hours today: 5
Hours total: 83

Comments

  1. A Little Life sounds fascinating - I'll put it on my list!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog