7:03 pm
The first thing I do when I get up is to check the sky to see if we have clouds or sun. This morning, there were no clouds in the sky, so Frank and I knew we were in for a very sunny and hot day. We started out the morning with some weeding at 5:45. Sitting on our weed buckets is definitely the way to go. The morning hours are not too hot yet so it was fine weeding. At 7:34, we decided to go pick the newly dried beans. We thought there weren't going to many more to pick because we had last picked them on Friday, but already there were so many dried beans that it took us an hour and twenty minutes today. So fun!! Unfortunately, I stepped on two different ant hills, the ants ran up my sneakers and bit my ankles, then bit my hands when I tried to get them off my ankles. I hate red ants. Having picked all the white beans, we unfortunately had to return to weeding. We began a new bed today, which didn't have too many weeds, but did have a lot of ant hills, which I stepped on again. I hate red ants. The sun was getting really hot, so eventually, Drake told us we should go to the shed and begin bagging the peppers that he had picked for the market on Saturday. As we are allowed to eat anything that is grown on the farm, Frank decided to try one.
         "He said these were garnish right?" She said
         "No, he said they were seasoning."
Well she ate one and it was definitely seasoning, because it was definitely spicy, so rough time for Frances. Meanwhile, the second batch of peppers was so spicy, we were warned not to even bag them because they would actually sting our hands if we had any open cuts.

 After, we finished working, we took cold showers and ate cold pizza and cereal. We were finally given a working burner!! After some naps, we headed out to dive. Today we dove at Markoe's point. The topography was really cool but I didn't see any cool fish that I enjoyed. We did see two lion fish, but the guides had forgotten their spears on the boat so they couldn't kill them.

Tomorrow, hopefully less sun.

Hours today: 10
Hours total: 93

Comments

Popular posts from this blog